We set out to empower organizations determined to make sense of their data, by providing a full-stack big data ecosystem running in a high performance bare-metal cloud. Offering the most reliable, scalable and extendable cloud-based platform purpose-built for big data is the number one goal of our team. We have offices in Chicago, London and Bucharest.
As part of our team, you will be contributing to the shaping of the big data market, working alongside a very experienced team. Our bread and butter are cutting-edge technologies such as Apache Cassandra, Couchbase, Apache Mesos, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop and we combine them in novel ways to
enable data-driven, world-changing ideas. We spare no effort to encourage a dynamic environment that supports continuous learning and development, so feel free to bring your heart to work.
What you’ll do
- Resolve product or service problems by: clarifying the customer’s request, diagnosing the cause of the problem; collaborating with SysOps, NetOps, R&D, and Product Management, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the request, and by following up to ensure resolution;
- Provide technical customer support, problem resolution and follow-ups in the ticketing system; ticket match-making with existing or new bugs/issues in JIRA and notifications for Q&A and Dev teams;
- Escalate troubleshooting requests to the next level of support when necessary;
- Official corporate communications in English for customers regarding outages, new releases and new features, in both written and oral mediums;
- Create and maintain knowledge-based articles and documentation on company’s internal wiki page (for fellow colleagues);
- Proactively act as continuous improvement agent for our products;
- Actively contribute to the team’s start-up by assisting in developing work-flows and procedures, and in the design of the process of creating unforgettable positive customer experience;
- Provide account support where required;
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges;
- Take part in special projects as needed.
What we’re looking for
- Knowledge in managing Linux systems (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu): proprietary package management systems, filesystems (ext3, ext4, xfs, NTFS, FAT32, ramdisk), proprietary configuration files, etc.;
- Knowledge in managing Windows systems;
- A basic/ good understanding of network related concepts such as the TCP/IP stack, VLANSs, static routing;
- Good understanding of DNS, DHCP, NTP;
- A basic understanding of storage related concepts such as RAID schemes;
- Ability to code script and debug in Python or Bash is a plus;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction;
- Strong decision making and problem solving abilities, enjoy troubleshooting;
- Fast learner, keen for knowledge and curious;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and night shifts + weekends;
- Open to change – given the fast paced environment;
- Excellent team player and an independent worker as well.
- Flexible hours;
- Informal, nonconformist work environment, lots of fun;
- Freedom of using technology to ease your work efforts;
- A lot of variety in your work;
- Assisted learning;
- Opportunity of and support for growing into new roles (SysOps, NetOps, R&D, Product Management, Marketing & Sales, etc.) according to what you would like to do next.
Note: Being part of an IT startup can be a lot of fun. It offers rewards and responsibilities that are unheard of in corporate environments. It can provide a quick path to the stratosphere of IT, as it has to move a lot quicker and with much less resources. We will offer you the means to evolve, to make a difference within your team and perhaps even lead the way.