We are a global startup looking to revolutionize big data in the cloud. We provide the only platform enabling organizations to instantly create private on-demand cloud centers using architectural blueprints tailored for big data. Our private on-demand cloud centers are bare metal to meet the high-performance requirements and can naturally extend the on-premise environment with the full security.
Each member of our team will help shape the future of the big data and cloud market. The environment is entrepreneurial and fast moving so the abilities to learn and adapt quick are essential. Our colleagues work daily with concepts and technologies such as: public and private cloud, application management and deployment, Spark, containers, Hadoop, NoSQL, data warehousing, infrastructure, and generally a constant stream of new technologies.
As part of the technical support team, the primary responsibility is to understand, troubleshoot and resolve customer issues. Customer inquiries should be handled in a timely manner or escalated to the appropriate team if necessary.
- Provide tier 2 technical customer support, problem resolution and follow-ups in the ticketing system;
- Resolve product or service problems by: clarifying the customer’s request, diagnosing the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the request, and by following up to ensure resolution;
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting and determine the appropriate resolution for reported issues;
- Escalate troubleshooting requests to the next level of support when necessary;
- Work with and maintain/update existing internal systems and clusters;
- Create and implement customized solutions for customers with complex setups and requirements.
- Direct communication in English with customers, if necessary, in both written and oral mediums;
- Create and maintain knowledge-based articles and documentation on company’s internal wiki page (for fellow colleagues);
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments;
- Advanced knowledge in managing Linux systems (CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu): proprietary package management systems, filesystems (ext3, ext4, reiserfs, xfs, NTFS, FAT32, ramdisk), proprietary configuration files etc.;
- Good Knowledge of Web servers, Mail servers, DNS, FTP;
- Good knowledge of relational databases;
- Good knowledge in using and administering monitoring tools (Nagios, check_mk, zabbix, graphite, influxdb);
- Excellent Knowledge in Web Hosting Control Panels such as Cpanel, Plesk, Direct Admin;
- A good understanding of storage related concepts such as RAID schemes, SCSI protocol, High Availability designs;
- A good understanding of network related concepts such as the TCP/IP stack, VLANSs, static routing;
- Security oriented in administration and configuration of server software;
- A good understanding of security best practices;
- Knowledge in managing iSCSi and other network filesystems;
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems is nice to have;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction;
- Strong decision making and problem-solving abilities, enjoy troubleshooting;
- Fast learner, keen for knowledge and curious;
- Open to change – given the fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Note: Being part of a startup is a lot of fun. It offers rewards and responsibilities that are unheard of in corporate environments. It can provide a quick path to the stratosphere of IT from a technical point of view as it must move a lot quicker and with less resources. We will offer you the means to evolve, to make a difference within your team and perhaps even lead the way.