- Minimum 4-5 years experience (preferably in banking), with previous exposure to Treasury and/or Risk environment.
- Qualified with relevant commercial qualification or desire to obtain them (CFA, AMCT, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MBA or equivalent)
- Ability to develop understanding of the mechanics of financial risk management and debt issuance, both public and private.
- Ability to understand complex capital and derivative structures quickly and accurately.
- Knowledge of tax, accounting and treasury aspects around the provision of debt or equity within a group structure.
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Ability to present, sometime complex proposals, lucidly and succinctly to senior management and other members of the financial community.
- Good interpersonal, negotiating and IT skills.
The Financial Risk Manager position is a role aimed at giving the position holder an extensive grounding in the strategy and processes involved in the provision of solid financial risk management of the Group and mechanics of implementation, globally. The Financial Risk Manager position is a role aimed at giving the position holder an extensive grounding in the strategy and processes involved in the provision of solid financial risk management of the Group and mechanics of implementation, globally.
The key responsibility will be to support the Head of Financial Risk and the Head of Corporate Treasury in maintaining and implementing aspects of financial risk management and funding strategy, as defined by the Head of Corporate Treasury and the Group Head of Treasury. This includes managing financial risk related to new issuance of centre debt in the global capital markets, as well as the fx exposures Group has around the world; identifying market trends and analysing groups exposures and derivatives portfolio; managing and calibrating the derivatives portfolio in line with financial risk strategy and objectives; trading complex fx, interest rate or equity derivatives. The Financial Risk Manager is also required to work closely with Group Treasury team in United Kingdom (Corporate Treasury and Commercial Treasury). In addition, the Financial Risk Manager will provide assistance with treasury aspects related to M&A projects, risk management initiatives, corporate restructuring projects and debt issuance in the capital markets.
This is a very dynamic project orientated role with a mix of routine and ad hoc project work and therefore requires a highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and hard-working individual who is able to work at a detailed level but who never loses sight of the wider goals. The role requires a high degree of confidence in dealing with the large number of external and internal contacts.
- Report, monitor and perform simulations on group debt & derivatives portfolio as well as foreign exchange exposures.
- Analyse market trends and come up with professional judgement on how the trends are influencing group exposures.
- Propose changes in group hedging tactics and manage the implementation.
- Trade derivatives with Group’s banks.
- Responsible for advice, recommendations to the Head of Corporate Treasury and Regional Treasury on financial risk management strategies, and manage within Group policies, all subsequent transaction executions.
- Participate in defining the required policies for the efficient management of the Group’s financial risks (FX- foreign exchange, interest rate, counterparty and liquidity), to ensure risks are fully identified, managed and monitored. The policies should be in line with the accounting requirements.
- Provide risk management input and support on any cross-functional projects and end market position to ensure financial risk issues are considered as part of the commercial decision-making process.
- Ensure that all risk activities are accounting compliant, well controlled and meeting Treasury objectives.
- Provide Treasury advice and liaise closely with tax in relation to all Group Corporate Structure issues.
- Manage SAP related workflow and system set up that relate to financial risk; and
- Provide analytical input and support in relation to financial risk strategy to support the Head of Financial Risk on data analysis and review of financial market information.
- Develop good relationships with key external banks and Treasury providers.
- Maintain good working relationship with GTO team and Central Treasury.
- Maintain Treasury liaison internally with accounting, legal and tax in relation to all derivatives, funding and capital structure matters.
- Provide support in the creation and modification of treasury processes and systems.
- Assist finance in the provision of information for the statutory accounts.
- Assist external financial advisors and auditors as required.
- Assist in the preparation of Board and Corporate Finance Committee papers.