For our client, a food processing and packaging solutions company, we are looking for a Maintenance and Automation Engineer with knowledge and expertise in factory automation, machine design and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, manufacturing engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in mechanical engineering field in factory automation, machine design and maintenance.
- Proactively planning and organizing: creating strategies, establishing priorities and allocating resources, adjusting work to accomplish business objectives.
- Strong ability to learn, strong personal drive and interest in developing self.
- Good English and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to communicate well to other members of the engineering, production and quality team.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform equipment tests.
- Ability to work well under pressure and problem-solving skills.
- Control and preventive maintenance of infrastructure, equipment, tools etc. (scheduled maintenance, regular repairs, refurbs); fit new parts and make sure equipment is working correctly.
- Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns.
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs.
- Actively looks for ways to automate the manufacturing process, coming up with efficiency improvement ideas.
- Liaise with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues.
- Write maintenance strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components.
- Monitor and control maintenance costs.