We are looking for a Sr. Java Developer to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts. The Sr. Java Developer is responsible for leading the development and support of individual applications. This involves planning, analysis, detailed design, testing and implementing the components.
The Senior Java Developer leads the effort of a staff of Junior Java Developer in the analysis and implementation of an application and all of its components. This involves determining systems requirements and leading systems design. Sr. Java Developer partners with the IT Architects during the initial stages of the project/solution to ensure the accuracy of business cases and that the solution will meet the business need.
The Senior Java Developer adheres to the established lifecycle methodology and practices in accordance to project plans while carrying out their responsibilities. This may include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the individual applications
- Provide leadership and technical guidance to Junior Java Developers in project: planning, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Lead the development and configuration of applications from conceptualization through stabilization.
- Lead effort in code review, testing, debugging and documenting application
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to management.
- Lead implementation of application by analyzing the current system environment, using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of systems hardware/software.
- Lead effort to provide support to production support service requests and perform routine maintenance and support activities
- 5+ years of core Java experience; Back End development
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Providing innovative solutions to technological challenges
- Showing a passion for new technology and development trends.
- Delivering clean code that supports a consistent user experience and product quality.
- In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, JSP/ Servlets
- Strong understanding of unit testing, ensuring good quality code, experience with: Junit, integration tests and TDD.
- Service Oriented Architecture / Web Services – SOAP / REST. Hands on experience with developing REST APIs.
- Experience with messaging technologies like: RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Markup Languages like XML and JSON
- Structured, solution-oriented and independent operation
Nice to have Experience with:
- Microsoft Azure
- Red Hat Open Shift container platform