Maintain and improve the customer’s network and provide technical support, fault investigation, troubleshooting. Be responsible for the Operation, Maintenance and Performance of the customer network. Keep the performance of system resources at optimum level by ensuring that network/application problems are detected and corrected according to agreed KPI and SLA. Perform proactive actions in order to prevent system failures and related impacts on customer services.
Take full responsibility for configuration changes introduced in the systems and keep the resources configurations and status under control. Contribute in the creation and improvements of monitoring alarms and procedures/routines. Business hours schedule with rotation of 24×24 on-call shifts.
- To act on relevant problems escalated from the Front Office surveillance team so that resource problems are remedied or escalated to corresponding system support units according with defined SLA
- Follow the cases with the system support units till they provide a viable solution for each case
- Closely following of case life cycle and regular updates performed in ticketing application
- Daily checks of HW/SW under responsibility
- Regular reports creation
- Proactive daily verifications and solving of found issues
- Ensure that operational procedures are up to date. New operational procedures constantly created.
- Change Management
- Vendor Management
- Performance Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Problem solving – troubleshooting
- Preventive maintenance activities
- Project and KT support
- Remote support for Field team
- Traffic/trend monitoring
- Documentation-OPI (Operations Procedure Instruction)/WI(Working Instruction) for 1 st level Ops team
- Creation and improvements of monitoring tools
- Account management
- Backup & Restore activities
- Incident Report analysis
- Capacity analysis
- System Administration
Degree in Electrical Engineering/Telecommunication Engineering/Computer science or equivalent
Have a minimum 2 years of experience in Operation and Maintenance with SDH technology in a mobile or fixed network.
Spanish is mandatory both speaking and writing skills.
- Good understanding of TX and RAN architecture
- Solid knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of Marconi, Lucent and Alcatel SDH equipment
- Solid knowledge of SDH networks: protections (SNCp,2f-MS-SPRing, MSP), synchronization architecture, ethernet over SDH solutions
- Knowledge of operation and troubleshooting of the following SDH equipment: Alcatel(1631,1640,1641,1642EMC, 1650,1651,1660, 1670), Ericsson(AXDxxx), Marconi(SMA 1/4/16, MSH-64, OMS 1260), Lucent(ISM-2000, Wavestar ADM 4/16, AMS, AMU)
- GSM network architecture
- Good knowledge of resource availability indicators and their interpretation.
- Be able to work independently and proactively
- Flexible and responsive to changing work patters and demands
- Able to work as a member of a team and lead junior staff.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Open approach to solving problems
- Methodical approach to work
- Must be able to work to tight timelines
- High degree of analytical and investigative abilities
- English language
- Willing to learn